Well, that's my holiday over and I'm back at my scribing table. I have journeyed far (to Dorset) on my grudge pony ( a 20 year old Toyota Corolla) and have returned safely to tell the tale.
I've experienced my wealth disappear before my eyes as my son and heir to the throne has delighted in electronic rides costing 1 gold piece per turn and splatting spiders at 30 pieces of silver a time (good training for the grobkul and killing those nasty forest goblins.)
Jnr's time away from the Barak hasn't been completely happy as day 2 he fell out of bed and landing head first on the floor causing a nasty bruise and we were all up and about from 5am. after a game of chase the beardling he threw himself onto the sofa and whacked his head on the window sill which he then re enacted each day until we left.
He loved jumping up and down in the stream/sea and feeling the waves crashing against his ankles as any Seagate Jnr would.
He spent a good ten minutes chasing a six foot lizard which I found quite brave and encouraging for a beardling only 4 winters old and we saw no rats all week (they must have known we were there.)
My Rinn (wife) and I enjoyed a week of no cooking and ate like the royalty we are and I drank some good beer which no doubt you will hear of at another date.
The ribs were juicy and plentiful, the beef was dry but edible and the fish and chips were ropey but you can't win them all.
I also visited the local Runesmith, he gave me a runic pendant that needs to be cleansed and energised by my good self. He tells me this will help in gambling and games of chance and luck, let us hope he speaks truth.
There is much more to tell but my new grudge is more important...
Grudges are recorded against the following:
* All those that undertake, fail to indicate when turning left and right and lane changing.
* Those that overcharge for their parking tariffs.
* Those that serve River cobbler and soggy battered fish.
* The town of Southampton for a disgustingly filthy and miserable hovel of a town.
* The Inn Keepers charging over 3 gold pieces per pint of ale (unfortunately a common occurrence nationally).
My thanks go out to those that work at Parkdean Sandford, they were most accommodating and the service was above satisfactory.
That is all for now.
My blessings are with the good people of this world.
Tromm.
No comments:
Post a Comment