This is the 1st beer review I have posted on here and would love to read feedback from any other Ale drinkers out there, especially if you've tried a beer through my recommendations.
So here we go. I have drunk this beer a good few times and have a pint in front of me as I type this.
This is how I intend to write these reviews as it gives me a good excuse to drink and keeps the taste fresh on my taste buds.
Brewery: Wychwood Brewery
Ale: Scarecrow, Organic Pale Ale.
Alcohol Vol. 4.7%
The Brewery says: Organically grown English Barley Malt & Whole Leaf Target hops combine to evoke lazy, hazy days of summer in this serenely satisfying golden harvest brew.
Okay, now my opinion...
I am a big fan of Wychwoods beer BUT if they make a beer I don't like I will tell you. I choose to mainly review bottled beers that I've poured myself as not all Innkeepers can be trusted to look after their ales and there's many a barman or barmaid/serving wench that can't pull a pint to save their lives.
THIS BEER (essential info above) is a pale ale as stated and is golden in colour but don't let that fool you into believing that it's a lads lager, it still has a true Ale taste which can only be a good thing in my opinion.
You can smell and taste the hops and unlike some other beers I'd find it hard to believe you'd walk away from anything less than an empty pint glass regardless of running late for an appointment/back to work/back home or whatever.
It has a good after taste and not too gassy making it hard to really blow out on it.
If you heed my advice I would suggest that with all Ales drunk at home REFRIDGERATE.
This beer is best served chilled and on a nice hot summers day (BBQ BEER) but is welcome in my humble abode 24/7 12 months of the year.
Poured correctly this beer holds a magnificent head that reduces to a frothy film on top of the pint all the way to the last mouthful unlike some beers that die within the first glug.
So, here are the scores for this beer...
Price: 4 pack Wychwoods Collection from Asda £5.40 (£1.35 per bottle) Score 9
Labelling and bottle presentation: Score 10
Colour and translucency of Ale: 10
Initial taste: Score 8
After taste: Score 8
Total Score: 45/50
I am now going to sign off and finish my pint, so remember to drink safe and enjoy.
These are my own opinions and I don't get sponsorship or bribes from breweries (although I wish I did).
As I said before, feel free to treat yourself to a bottle of SCARECROW and let me know if you agree with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment